Friday, August 24, 2012

Back at School

Well I am back at BYU. Before my family dropped me off here, we decided to take a huge road trip to Louisiana! It took us 4 days to get there, but we made it! We got to spend 5 days there with my grandma, going to New Orleans, inner tubing down a lazy river, visiting the Baton Rouge temple, catching frogs and lizards, and lots of other fun stuff! It was a very fun trip :) The downside of it though, was that I didn't get a letter for 2 weeks... I just barely missed Daniel's letter he sent to my house, and then I had given him my grandma's address so that I could get a letter there, but it came the day after we left! Bummer!! I still have gotten his emails though :) AND... He is now in CHILE!!! This was his first week there! I haven't heard from him since, but I am SO excited for him! 

I am pretty excited for this semester! I have great roommates and classes and everything! And I am almost all unpacked and moved in now. Today I started my job at the cougareat- which let me just say I and SO happy to not be waking up at 3:45 in the morning to go clean toilets like last year! Hopefully this job will go well!

Walking around on campus today was WAY harder than I expected though. Everything reminds me of Daniel. I kept hoping I'd be able to meet up with him for lunch or show him my new apartment. Or I'd see a tall red-headed boy on campus who looks kind of like him from behind. Or I'd walk past our classrooms or his apartment from last year... As hard as it is, I am so glad that I got to have one year here with him before he left. And in 22 months he will be back here with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment