Thursday, November 8, 2012

I am going WHERE?!?!?

My mission call came yesterday!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!! It was the longest day OF MY LIFE!!! I had class and work most of the day and couldn't open it until 8pm! But then 8 came!!! I skyped my family and had at least 4 phones on speakerphone. And my little apartment was packed full of my roommates and friends and my sister!

I opened the big white envelope and pulled out my call!! My hands were shaking so much I could hardly read it! And it said.....

"Dear Sister Turley: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Cape Verde Praia Mission..."

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually didn't even know where in the world that was or how to pronounce the city! As it turns out, I will be spending 18 months on these 10 BEAUTIFUL islands off the coast of AFRICA!!!!!!!!

Location of Cape Verde- this was news to me! Haha :)

Cape Verde.

Cape Verde- SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can't believe this is where I'll be living for 18 months!!


Yep. Pretty much I'll be living in PARADISE!!


I report to the Provo MTC January 9th! So soon!! And I'll be speaking Portuguese! Which is kind of a scary thought... but really I have no doubt that I can do it. It's going to be super challenging, but the Lord has obviously been guiding the entire last month of my life. He knows that I can do this, so I know I can do this!

I am so grateful and excited for this opportunity!!! I don't know how I'm going to finish out this semester when all I can think about now is going on a mission to Cape Verde!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment