Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Mini Farewell

I spoke in church today! And to my surprise it was FANTASTIC!! I am totally the kind of person who writes out word for word what to say -- including my introduction and testimony at the end right down to "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen". It was a pretty short talk because my ward wanted as many students leaving on missions to speak before we leave for Christmas. But I was still SO nervous!! I hate speaking in front of people! Like to the point I start to breathe really shallowly and get really tense and totally forget what I'm trying to say. That is probably my biggest fear about going on a mission. I am going to have to give lots of talks, lessons, spiritual thoughts... stuff like that EVERY DAY!! I have been praying so much and trying to get past that so that won't hold me up for the next 18 months. So anywho... back to my talk story. I walked up to the podium and looked up at the congregation. All my fear and stress totally left!! I was not nervous at all!! And I ended up only using my word for word written up version of my talk as a reference! I looked up at people almost the entire time and didn't even think anything of it! It was a Christmas miracle!!! And not only did it make me super happy to get through my talk today, but it made me feel so much better about my mission! I know giving talks and lessons and everything will still be hard, but I know that I will have the Lord's help and that it'll all be ok :)


P.S. I AM LEAVING A MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment