Sunday, December 9, 2012

Temple Square

Yesterday I got to spend pretty much the whole day up on temple square! I went up with a few of my friends to go to the huge future sister missionary gathering. We wanted to take the frontrunner since it was free yesterday, buuuut we didn't really think about the bunches and bunches of other people who were thinking the same exact thing. So we ended up having someone come save us and we drove up to Salt Lake. But by then we had pretty much missed the get together... oh well. So we just walked around temple square and talked to lots of the sister missionaries! :) It was great!

Then I got to go do a session in the Salt Lake temple!!! And let me just say... I thought I loved the temple before getting my endowments... and it just gets so much better!! I got to go for the first time in the Portland, OR temple with my family over Thanksgiving. And I seriously just love the temple. It is the best place ever. I had been the only one of my group to do a session since no one else has gone yet. So at the end there were all these huge groups of people there together and I felt just a little lonely that I was by myself (only not too lonely since it is the temple and it was still beautiful and amazing and peaceful and like nothing else!) So I went and sat on a couch by myself. Like 30 seconds later this lady came over and asked if I was there by myself. I said yes and so she stayed and chatted with me for a little bit. When I told her I was there because I am about to serve a mission in Cape Verde, she got so excited!! She was there with a family whose son is there right now!! So when they came in we all talked about Cape Verde and their son and my mission! It was meant to be! The Lord is so aware of our thoughts and our needs and is so ready to help us :)

Afterwards I got to see all the beautiful lights and everything on temple square. It was such a perfect day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment