Sunday, October 7, 2012

Called To Serve

So pretty much I went into conference this weekend with the next several years of my life all planned out and ready to go. Crazy how one statement can change ALL of that!! Worthy boys are now able to serve a mission at 18, and girls are now able to serve at 19!!! I have never seriously thought about or considered serving a mission until I was old and married and serving a senior mission. But now that is all I can see myself doing! And getting to serve at the same time Daniel is serving a mission! I am SO SO SO excited for this opportunity!!!

The only thing is, I have already been accepted into and paid for the China Horizons program. Which as of Saturday morning at 9:59am I could not have been more excited for! Now, going to China means not being able to leave for a mission until after next June which is Daniel's halfway mark. That puts me with 6 months left of a mission (at least!) when he gets home :( Either that or losing the money I've spent on the program.

So I've got some big decisions to make over the next few weeks. I know I want to and am supposed to serve a mission. (Which by the way I am still trying to wrap my head around that!) It is really just a matter of when.


****Update!!!****

I just realized I have a half-tuition scholarship going un-used for this next semester. Because I am (was?) planning on going to China, I was going to lose that (BYU doesn't let you take online classes with that money or wait until a later semester to use it). BUT!!!! BYU lets missionaries defer scholarships!!!! (Or at least I'm like 95% sure) SOOOO if I go on a mission instead of China, I lose $825. If I go to China, I lose $2500. So basically money is no longer a factor!! AHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment