Monday, October 8, 2012

"Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies"

Everything is just falling right into place! With the announcement of 19 year old girls being able to serve missions, I feel like I need to go. There is no where else I need to be more right now. And by right now, I mean exactly that! I can't believe I am saying this, but I am no longer going to China. I got an email from the program director this morning, explaining how because my visa, airfare, etc hadn't been purchased yet, I am able to get a full refund, minus the $150 application fee. What a huge blessing!! I also realized that by not going to China, and by serving a mission, my half-tuition scholarship for next semester (that I was planning on completely losing) is able to be deferred!! BYU allows students to defer scholarships basically only for missions or extreme circumstances, so this way I don't lose that huge amount of money! The money situation was really the biggest thing stopping me from putting in my papers as soon as I possibly can, so now I do not have to worry at all about that! Even the China experience itself I am just fine missing. Which is crazy!! I didn't think there could be anything that could convince me not to go teach in China for a semester, and yet here I am!

But really, as I look back on my *almost* China experience, it has absolutely prepared me for a mission. I have a passport. I have immunizations. I have sold my winter housing contract. I have my wisdom teeth out and dentist's and doctor's appointments already taken care of. I have been working and saving money. And I am simply in the mindset to leave school.

Also, the timing works out perfectly! I'm not sure exactly when I will leave, but Daniel and I will both serve missions at the same time, and then come home at almost exactly the same time!

So now I have an interview with my bishop tomorrow!! I honestly cannot believe this is all actually happening!! As of two days ago, I had my life all planned out! A mission never even crossed my mind! But apparently Heavenly Father has other plans for me. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is where I need to be for the next 18 months. And I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment